- 1 hr 25
- 2 (15-ounce) or 1 (32-ounce) container Dragone® Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) packages Dragone® Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 (5-ounce) Shredded Parmesan Cheese cup
- 1 (24–26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, plus enough water to equal 4 cups
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen fully-cooked original or Italian-style meatballs, defrosted, halved
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Mix the Dragone® Ricotta Cheese and eggs in a bowl. Stir in the spinach, 3 cups of the Dragone® Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese and 3/4 cup of the Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Reserve the remaining Dragone® Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese and Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
Spread 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Top with 3 noodles lengthwise. Then, place the 4th noodle crosswise, breaking the noodle to fit. Layer with 1/2 of the Ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the meatballs and 1 cup of the sauce. Repeat the layers once. Then, top with the remaining 4 noodles and 1 cup of sauce.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the noodles are tender and the sauce is bubbly, about 1 hour. Remove the foil, sprinkle with the reserved cheeses and bake again uncovered until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Let stand, loosely covered, 15 minutes before serving.