- Prep Time (Mins)
- Total Time (Mins)
- 12 slices pancetta
- 12 ounces fusilli or corkscrew pasta
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Dragone® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cups diced melon
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
Cook the pancetta in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until crispy. Let it cool and then crumble it. Set aside.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water with one teaspoon of oil, until tender but still firm to bite – al dente. Drain. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Transfer the pasta to a bowl and set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir the Dragone® Ricotta Cheese and the reserved pasta water to combine. Add the reserve pancetta, melon, Shredded Parmesan Cheese, basil and mint leaves. Pour the ricotta mixture to the pasta and toss gently to combine. Garnish with more basil leaves and serve.