- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (24–26 ounces) jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (6 ounces) uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) container Dragone® Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup freshly shredded Dragone® Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
Brown the ground beef with the onion in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until the beef is not pink, about 10 minutes. Drain.
Stir in the spaghetti sauce, water and salt and bring it to a boil. Stir in the pasta, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the pasta is almost tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the cheeses and basil and set them aside.
Spoon the cheese mixture in 12 dollops on top of the lasagna and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the pasta is tender and the cheese is slightly melted, about 10 minutes. Serve with additional Shredded Parmesan Cheese, as desired.