- 1/2 cup Dragone® Part-Skim or Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Dragone® Part-Skim or Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 pound hot Italian sausage, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 12 mini red, yellow and orange sweet peppers (about 12 ounces)
Combine the Dragone® Part-Skim or Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, Dragone® Part-Skim or Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded Parmesan Cheese, Italian sausage and parsley in a small bowl.
Cut a thin, lengthwise slice into each pepper. Using a spoon, remove any seeds and membrane to make space for the filling. Stuff the cheese mixture into the peppers.
Place the peppers on a grill pan and grill over medium, ash-covered coals, or medium heat on a gas grill, about 8–12 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is hot.
OPTIONAL: For a spicy version, substitute jalapeño peppers for sweet peppers.