- Party Size
- 1 cup dried Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup pecans, minced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (16-ounce) jar of pickled beets, thinly sliced
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Dragone® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (5-ounce) packages crumbled blue cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray an 8-inch spring form pan with cooking oil.
In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, Shredded Parmesan Cheese, pecans and butter. Press the mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of the spring form pan. Then, place the pan on a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove it from the oven and set it aside.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, Dragone® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, flour, rosemary, salt and pepper with a hand mixer until smooth. Add 1 cup of the crumbled blue cheese, the egg and the egg yolk. Beat on low speed until everything is combined. Then, fold in the red onion. Spread the mixture over the crust, return the pan to the baking sheet and place it on the center rack of the preheated oven.
Bake for 40 minutes or until the center is just set (slightly soft but not soupy). Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool it on a wire rack for 1 hour. Then, refrigerate it for another hour or until it’s cooled through.
Remove the rim from the pan. Top the cheesecake with the sliced pickled beets and crumbled blue cheese. Serve with lightly dressed salad greens or serve on a buffet with crackers, toasted crostini and/or charcuterie.
Tip: You can refrigerate cheesecake for up to 1 week and freeze it for up to 1 month. Just remove it from the freezer 2 hours before serving.