- 1 hr 13
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, preferable fire-roasted
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Dragone® Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Loaf of crusty bread, sliced
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Heat the oil in a deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, jalapeno and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown, 10–12 minutes. Then, discard the jalapeno.
Add the garlic, chili powder, paprika, thyme, basil and bay leaves and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20–25 minutes. Discard the thyme and bay leaves.
Transfer the bell pepper mixture to a 13x9-inch baking dish. Using the back of a spoon, make 6 evenly spaced divots in the mixture. Spoon a dollop of Dragone® Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese into each divot. Then, place a divot in each dollop of Dragone® Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese. Crack 1 egg into each dollop of Dragone® Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese. Top with cheddar and the Shredded Parmesan Cheese and season with salt and pepper. Bake, rotating the dish halfway through, until the Shredded Parmesan Cheese is melted and the egg whites are almost set but the yolks are still runny, 12–15 minutes. Serve immediately with crusty bread.